Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 29, 2012: Holiday Hangover

Normally this term is synonymous with gorging oneself on too much food or imbibing a few too many cocktails but I find myself out of sorts for a different reason… too much relaxation? I know, that doesn’t really make a lot of sense. I spent Memorial Day weekend catching up on sleep and doing low key things around the house. Nevertheless, I still had SO much trouble peeling myself out of bed on Monday Tuesday morning to go to work; It was like I had just attempted a triathlon or something equally strenuous. What’s up with that?

That being said I am especially proud of myself for keeping it together wardrobe wise and rocking a professional ensemble complete with blazer! The feeling of sheer exhaustion wasn’t the only hurdle I had to overcome when putting my outfit together. The weather in NYC has been pretty gross. We’re talking high temps, 100% humidity (my hair loves this), overcast, misty rain nonsense... ick! I would really love a sunny summer! Is that too much to ask? Sorry, I digress... Picking out clothes to wear in my air conditioned office is hard when I feel like I won’t survive the commute there in what I’m wearing. Do you have any tips and tricks for summer office dressing that I could utilize?
  • Top: pink sweater with black trim, Alfani via Macy's via Mom; gray pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns (from this suit
  • Bottom: black skirt, Proenza Schouler for Target 
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver silver Stella wedge pumps, Seychelles via DSW; coin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered by me; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here 

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a $100 Shopbop giftcard!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a free dress from eShakti.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...